Frequently Ask Questions
Q: Why Chicken Bonz versus other franchise opportunities?
A: Chicken Bonz… even the name has attitude! Owning a Chicken Bonz franchise makes it fun to go to work. The atmosphere, the guests we attract, and of course, the great-tasting chicken, are just a few of the reasons why Chicken Bonz is different than most franchises.
Q: What is the average revenue for a Chicken Bonz location?
- A: Just like the fact no two Bonz locations look alike, no two restaurants have the exact same revenue numbers or profit structure. We will encourage you to talk to our franchisees to see if their restaurants are meeting their expectations. It is important to remember that you will have the biggest impact in how your restaurant will produce.
Q: What qualifications do I need to own a Chicken Bonz franchise?
- A: We look for individuals that have positive people skill, business management and marketing experience, and a strong work ethic. Owning your own restaurant will require you to be hands-on. It is also our “secret” to our success in the Bonz system!
Q: Does Chicken Bonz help me to find a site?
- A: Once you sign a franchise agreement we start looking for a site. Currently, our optimal size is 1800 square feet. We are very involved in the process and we check the sites viability with an economic model that we commissioned. You will never be bound to a site until both you and we say “YES!” Typical lease terms are 5 years with two five year options.
Q: How much help does Chicken Bonz provide when designing and setting up my store?
- A: Because we are very particular about how each location looks, we will provide you with all the help you will need. Once your lease is signed your restaurant will be built out and equipped in 8 to 10 weeks.
Q: What is the cost of developing a Chicken Bonz franchise location?
- A: The typical investment for developing a Bonz franchise will be between 170,000 to 250,000. It will depend on the size of location, interior décor and building requirements.
Q: What are the franchise fees and royalties?
- A: Currently, the franchise fee is just $19,500. Each week “WE ARE CHICKEN INC” automatically collects 5% “franchise fee” from gross revenue. In addition, we require a 2% expense on Local Store Marketing.
Q: What support can I expect from Chicken Bonz?
- A: We have all the tools and procedures in place to help ensure that you meet the highest expectations of the Chicken Bonz franchise. With “The Bonz Attitude” you will get help with leases, build-out & construction, hiring & training, and ongoing support. Once the unit is open a continual support program is put in place to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality products and best customer service.